I Hope They Call Me On A Mission!

I Hope They Call Me On A Mission!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Life here is Great. I do miss you guys like crazy, but I love this work!

Okay, my companion is Elder Keith Hougard from Layton, Utah. He is great and we are getting along very well right now. He is surprisingly serving me, and it makes it a lot easier. Ha, don't worry, I am serving him as well, we must both have great parents:) He is a very logical person and speaks very slowly and with no excitement so its kinda hard for the Spirit to come because he just does not seem that excited to the investigator. He is just very logical. None the less though, I do know he has a testimony and it is very very strong.
As for the district. The last 3 or 4 days that kid has been on my nerves and finally last night a lot of people snapped. There was some yelling and stuff just for a second and then we all got split up. Most of the district is really mad at Elder Hoffman. I honestly do not like the kid. But this morning, we were all at the Temple (I did sealings for the first time, it was pretty cool) but I was just looking at his face. I could tell he is hurting really badly. I can tell he is going through some pain. I felt awful. I know that I have to be Christlike and so since the Temple this morning my whole thought process has changed. I would not say that I love him yet, but I am trying to show him love. I tried to say I'm sorry and apologize a couple of times. The first time he just walked away from me. So I tried again. He did the same thing and he said he was fine. The third time I just walked up to him and gave him a hug and told him I loved him. I could tell it made him feel a little better. He still does not love me though, that's for sure!
Mom, Thank you so much for the carmel Apples and stuff. Everybody loved them.
The two weeks have gone by fast so far. Mom, I can't wait to get out into the field. I am just so dang excited.
Yes, I see Nate around every now and then. He is still the same old Nate that I love. Loud as ever..I love that kid!
I love you Dad. I love you Mom and Ross and Madison..so very much and can't wait to hear from you guys.
I will call you on the 11th. I can't wait.
Love, Elder Reeves:)

No comments: